Saturday 29 October 2011

Film Magazine Cover Mock Up


This is my 1st mock up of our magazine cover, it takes inspiration from mainstream
published magazines like Empire and Total Film. But I tried to include some different
and interesting qualities to it, making it more individual. As we are not specifically
aiming for an mainstream audience and I think this twist to the typical and over used
appearance of front covers to glossy's would draw in an independent film audience.
As I think this niche audience looks for media products that defy and challenge the
mainstream media conventions. I created this twist by keeping a strict colour scheme
of monotone and orange like colours, I also used a very strong and arty image which
I think is extremely bold and full of character. I also used this image as from our market research it showed that the most memorable cover had a strong close up portrait, so
I tried to replicate this in this mock up. I used the title Total as this word is
generally associated with film but its mainly used to just indicate where the title
would go. I created this cover as if it was based around our film, using large text to indicate
its the 'Awoken Issue' the stand in name of the film we create our trailer around. This also
isn't my image I simply used it to indicate the sort of image I want to create for our actual
magazine cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment